Redmond High School Playwritting Alums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting rules and example

Go down

Posting rules and example Empty Posting rules and example

Post  Topher White Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Just a quick little message on how to post stories here. It's rather simple but it's still going to be something different. Sadly, as far as I've been able to find, you can't post documents here, but it doesn't have a character limit as far as I can tell, so just copy and past it in to here, and if you want to, then center it.

I would suggest putting a little forward before any actual text giving out the warnings and anything that you specifically want people to look at.

The big advantage of this type of set up is that you can directly quote from things that have been posted so it makes it easier to point out mistakes and for the author to respond to comments.

Emily.
A play in one act
By Topher White
The Characters:
Jenna: At the top of the show, Female, looks 25ish, a psychiatrist in the asylum, generally disregards her patients thoughts, have an agenda
Anna: At the top of the show, female, 30, has been dealing with Emily for 3 months, despises Emily, but is submissive towards her.
Emily: At the top of the show, female, looks 30, is a spirit that has possessed Anna, is a dominant person and rather psychotic.
Dr. Foxsen: At the top of the show, male, 45, is the financial supporter of Jenna’s project.

Scene 1:
Starts in darkness with Jenna talking

Jenna:
About to start the third test of the day. Subject Anna, interview 6.

Lights come up as Jenna walks through a door near stage left into what looks to be a very disorganized and unsanitary office. Jenna walks over to a chair, putting a cassette player into her bag. She sits down across from Anna, who is also in a chair

Anna:
You think so less of me to put me here?

Jenna:
Well, considering the issues and delusions you have, you do deserve to be here. Now, these are the accommodations that this asylum can provide, sorry if it isn’t to your… liking.

Anna:
I don’t have issues, or delusions. Her name is Emily, Emily for god sakes. She’s my other side, she’s been doing all of this.

Jenna:
Then why do you remember what she’s done? In my years and years of experience, I haven’t seen someone with what you are claiming to have, that also knows what the other side has done.

Anna:
How the hell am I supposed to know how, or why, she does this to me? If I had to guess, she wants to torture me. Also, you’re like 30, I don’t have much faith in your years of experience.

Jenna:
Trust me when I say I’m much older than I appear, much, much older. Now, I don’t think Emily has anything to do with this. I think you did this, and you are using this Emily as a way so you don’t blame yourself. So, what is truly wrong with you?

Anna:
There you go again, always asking what’s wrong. There is nothing wrong with me. It’s Emily that has something wrong with her.

Jenna:
Now, now, now, we both know that Emily isn’t real. If only you would listen.

(Anna becomes agitated)

Anna:
If you won’t listen to me, I won’t listen to you. It’s not like you are actually trying to help me.

Jenna:
Of course I’m trying to help you, but you don’t seem to want to get better.

Anna:
I want Emily out, plain and simple. She is there, and she does thing, things you pin on me, and they are horrible things.

Jenna:
Don’t go blaming Emily for these, horrible things, as you put it. She has nothing to do with all of this.

Anna:
Yes she does, she has everything to do with this, and you all think it’s all me, which has gotten me stuck into this god forsaken place.

Jenna reaches into her bag and after some rummaging, pulls out some notes. She goes through them for a couple seconds.

Jenna:
So, say that this Emily is real, which she isn’t, she was the one yelling at your friend about stealing your boyfriend the night before she was murdered.

Anna:
It was her. I imagine it’s too late for me to apologize for her actions, not that she ever would. I’m paying for what she’s done.

Jenna:
No, you are paying for your own actions that you keep blaming on this Emily, this creation of yours.

Anna:
She is no creation of mine, I would never make something so horrendous as Emily. She is there, and you won’t listen. It’s real, deal with it and make it go away

Jenna:
it isn’t real. It’s you who did these hurtful things, it’s you who left behind the body of one.

Jenna rummages through her notes for a quick second

Jenna:
One Terra Mayland. I have to say, it is one rather artistic body to leave behind. I know it was you, so the only real question for me to ask is why. So, why Anna, why?

Anna:
I already hate her, you don’t need to keep asking these questions that make me hate her more.

Jenna:
No, I’m quite liking the results.

Anna:
You’re sick, you know that right. You’re almost as bad as her.

Jenna:
Really, you think so less of me.

Jenna lets out an unnerving giggle

Jenna:
I don’t care about your opinion of me as long as I’m doing what I’m paid to do.

Anna:
Which you aren’t. You are paid to help me, so listen to what I’m saying so you can God Damn help me.

Jenna:
I’m paid to get you to come to terms with your psyche.

Anna:
I have, it’s Emily’s that I have trouble dealing with.

Jenna:
If that is what you think, then I guess I can’t help you, at least when you are in this state of mind. This ends today’s session.

Lights go out as Jenna walks out of the room. Jenna talks while lights are out and the scene is changing.

Jenna:
Looks light we are three for three today. The possessions are holding. I have a feeling that this one is special. I haven’t seen this stark of a control difference in the near 100 years that I’ve been working on this. I also have to say, this is my favorite beast to poke. I just hope I’m not there when she snaps. While I did make a deal with the devil to gain eternal youth, unnatural death will still keep me down. Anna will be moved back to her cell in the other wing of this facility, keep very close tabs on her while she is there.

Topher White
Admin

https://rhspwa.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down